Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Game On

From the depeths of hybernation she has stirred. The project that has been haunting me for months. Charlotte's Web! Tossed upon the shelf of UFO's, testing my patience, silently tormenting me to finish her and mocking me each time I returned home from yet another fruitless trip to the local yarn store for the magic skeins of yarn that would finish her. Finally, this weekend, I found it, the second skein of color change 5 that matched the original color I picked. No more dragging this shawl around looking for a fifth color that might work as well as that lovely purple mix I orignially pick. No more well meaning clerks telling me to just finish it off in a solid color.

I had bought the original yarn for Charlotte at Knit NY months ago. I bought exactly one skein of each color. While working on color 4 I realized I was not going to have enough yarn, I needed an extra skein of color 5. Back to the store, but it was gone. I have been to numerous stores multiple times over the last several months trying to figure something out for a fifth color, never happy. I'm really happy now. So my dear 4/5 done shawl Charlotte I have one thing to say to you : GAME ON!!!

No comments: