Monday, February 28, 2005

Of showers and giddiness

My Mom and Sisters threw me a surprise bridal shower this weekend. I knew I was getting one, just not when, or where. It was so nice, I was completely giddy. I should have caught on though when darling fiance was stalling for time while out shopping. He's so cute.

I'm not comfortable being the center of attention so the whole shower thing was quite weird. I kept saying to my sisters, cousin shannon and my friend Mary "What am I suppose to do?" and they kept saying "you don't have to do a thing, just have some wine and enjoy it". Opening the gifts was such chaos, but so much fun. We had 7 people helping out. My sister liz and cousin shannon were dragging gifts to my sister laura and cousin Cathy who were opening gifts and handing me the opened gift and card. My friend Mary was writing all the gifts down for me, while my cousins Daniele and Christine were taking pictures and making the prerequiste bridal hat. As soon as I get the pictures downloaded from some of the camera's I will post. This hat was enormous and hysterical. It was so much fun and so tiring.

There was one strange thing, Four of my co-workers whom I am close to were invited and came. They brought there own bottles of wine and frangelica. I'm not sure how to read that.

My sister Liz is getting married in August, she has scheduled her own shower for June 4th, we found out that might have to change. She doesn't want to be surprised. This is going to be fun. Her's will be insane, her fiance's family is just as large as mine. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Well, if your coworkers brought alcohol to share with everyone, that's a nice gesture. If they brought it and kept it for themselves, that's rude. And weird! Honestly, people come up with the strangest ideas sometimes.