Friday, March 04, 2005

All kinds

The other day at lunch, I’m sitting with two of my co-workers and I pulled out the sock I’m working on, to get in a few rows before we had to go back to the drudgery of work. One of them looks at me the following dialogue happens:

“What on earth are you doing?” She asks

“Making a sock” I reply

“Why” she sneers back

“Because I enjoy it” as I smile happily

With a look of disgust she just says “Oh”.

I’m not losing too much sleep after all this was one of the co-workers who brought her own alcohol to my shower. Oh well…..

Anyhow, I’m in a knitting doldrum, my sock is only slowly coming along. I’ve been so busy I’m only getting to a few rows a night if any; I should have been done with this already. I’m hoping to get some decent knitting time in tonight; I finished turning the heel, so I’m not too far from the end. I keep telling myself that I will not start anymore new projects. I’m so horrible with starting up something and not finishing it. I still haven’t finished Charlotte’s web. That’s a dozen rows short of being done. What is wrong with me?

No comments: