Monday, April 04, 2005

Stash Indulgence

Yesterday I met one of my girlfriends in NYC for brunch. I was able to do a little yarn shopping while I was there; I went to Downtown Yarns and to Purl Soho. I didn’t buy much, but I’m happy none the less.

I’ve been antsy for some new yarn, it’s not that I don’t have enough projects going on, but I just wanted something different & new, I found it on Sunday. Downtown yarns, has some scarves, shawls, tops on display in the store, after browsing for a few minutes and not seeing anything, I was about to leave, when I looked up and saw this really cute scarf. It was made of silk and a novelty yarn with flowers on it.

I found the silk yarn (fiesta La Luz) picked out a lovely light color, found a cute novelty yarn (Cascade Malizia) and walked out a very Happy Heather.

The funny thing about the purchase is I didn’t hesitate, when I saw the prices of these yarns. I figured, it’s the week of my wedding, this is an indulgence purchase and I’m worth it. Go Me!

I had a very lovely picture that is suppose to go here of what I've knit so far, but I resized it incorrectly this morning and it's too big for the blog. Doh!

P.S. Five days until the wedding!

No comments: