Monday, April 11, 2005

Wedding!

It's official; I am now officially a married woman. Tim and I got married Saturday in a lovely civil ceremony filled with lots of family and friends. Then we had a really great reception, we had such a good time. Just like I was repeatedly told, the day flew by. Despite that we made sure we ate, drank, danced, sang, and just were really happy.

All the worrying that I had done regarding things going wrong was for nothing, everything was lovely. I woke up to blue skies and shining sun, everyone looked great, everyone and everything arrived on time.

The only casualty of the day was my dress. I was so nervous about the dress. Tim and I are getting married in the church in Ireland this Friday; I was concerned about keeping the dress clean. Well, I didn't drop a thing on it but, I managed to put my foot through the hem and then get it caught on a chair pulling the top layer completely off the bustle and ripping it. My sister and Aunt Shannon took a look and immediately got my Aunt Jackie to come look. She grabbed a needle and thread and fixed me up to get through the night. The dress is at her house now, she's mending it and she said she'd have it good to go before my flight Tuesday. YAY!!

Here's a quick picture, it's not the best, but I haven't gotten my hands on my sisters digital which had loads more pictures then this camera did. I'll post more as I get them.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: