Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I swear the yarn made me do it.

Last night I'm in my bedroom reading "interweave crochet" and minding my own business when I hear this tiny voice.

"Heather? Heather?"

I look over and there is a ball of Lamb's pride Bulky yarn in "Turkish Olive" Peering out of my stash box.

"Knit me" it says.

"No, no I replied", my lovely Charlotte is right over there and I will not work on anything else right now, that would be neglect."

"Neglect?", replies the lamb's pride "You want to talk about neglect, last winter you knitting me and my pal into a 31/2 foot scarf then frogged us and wrapped us into these balls. You haven't looked at us since."

"Your right, your right" I replied.

So I grabbed the largest needles I have (size 35) Held 2 strands of the lamb's pride bulky together and casted on six stitches and just started doing a simple garter scarf. Three hours later, I have an approx. 7 foot scarf. This morning I added some fringe, and Ta Da: A rather nice looking, Very QUICK, finished Christmas gift.

Pictures of said scarf to come.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Yarn Neglect. It's a horrible thing. Good thing the Turkish Olive (which sounds JUST my color...) was able to speak up for itself... Try not to forget the many other yarns who are too shy and scared.

Knit on!