Thursday, September 09, 2004

Koigu, Koigu where are you?

"O where O where has my Koigu gone
O where O where can it be?
It's a skein of yarn
that's made of wool
O where of where can it be?"


I had picked up Charlotte last night after not touching her since last week and am merrily knitting along when till I got 4 rows from where I would begin the 3rd color. I stop to get my 3 remaining skeins only to find, one is missing.

I thought all three where in the bag with the pattern but they weren't. I'm worried, but not too worried. My room looks like a small tornado came through it. The darling fiance was helping me clean out my closet Sunday because I was complaining about not having room for clothing. He found that I keep my stash in two drawers of my dresser and said, "No wonder you can't fit clothes in here." This started two projects. One was me going through my dresser and closet and getting rid of old clothing I'll never where again. While he started to move my stash into a plastic container for storage. He gently let me know he thinks I have plenty of yarn and that I shouldn't need to buy anymore for a while. I think the missing skein of koigu wandered off during the cleaning efforts. I took the yarn for Charlotte and put it on the bed telling him not to touch that yarn since it was for my current project. It's not in the plastic container with the rest of the stash. It may be in a box buried by the bed. I guess I'll be finishing up the cleaning effort tonight to find it.

Here is a picture on Charlotte as she currently stands. The lighting in this room does not do justice to the colors of this yarn. The MIA skein is mostly a lovely lilac color.




No comments: