Monday, September 20, 2004

Summer leaving a chill

I am so cold right now; this is starting to get out of hand. It is slightly chilly here today, right now it only in the upper 50’s for some reason though, my office is like an icebox. I have no windows in the fishbowl I work in, I don’t have a radiator in this room, and the only ventilation is from the HVAC unit which blows down from the vent above me. Yes, they have the A/C on today. Oh my kingdom for some heat. I just ran out to the car and grabbed a sweater and sweatshirt. One I’m wearing, the other is draped over my legs trying to keep in some heat. One would think that the offices of a company that installs and maintains HVAC units would be a temperature controlled environment, but not here. No sir, there never seems to be a happy medium, just very hot or freezing cold. Oh well…

Would it be inappropriate to keep a lap blanket in my room for when it gets like this? In the winter, I always keep fingerless gloves in here for the days my hands get too cold. Would the blanket be over the top? I think I’ll make one anyway.

It was a crazy weekend with a good deal of rain. I didn’t have much time at home so I didn’t get any laundry or packing done. That means I have to cram it all into tonight, I don’t have too much packing to do since we’ll only be in Las Vegas 3 nights, but I always over pack.

I’m up to the fourth color on Charlotte, and she looks really good. I afraid to take her to Vegas, maybe I’m just overreacting, but I have horrible luck. With my luck I’d pack her and then have the suitcase searched and her come undone, or I could take her on the plane. I could switch her from my addi’s to Denise then I probably wouldn’t have a problem. Uggghhhh… Maybe I’ll just cast on for Rogue and take that with me. I’ve got a 5 plus hour flight, and I need to keep busy since I hate flying. I’ll come up with something tonight.

No comments: