Monday, March 14, 2005

New project, broken needle

In my dazed and confused state of Friday, I couldn’t sit still, I felt the need to start a new knitting project(no, the socks are not done yet). I decided to cast on for the “Union Square Poncho” from weekend knitting. I had an annoying thing happen. I broke one of my boye interchangeable needles. I had cast on with my size nines, and realized the only cable I had handy was too short, so I found one of the others upstairs that was perfect, I unscrewed the 9’s and screwed them into the second cable. First one went on no problem, second one wasn’t going on right, it was connecting, but wouldn’t tighten all the way. It was so strange. I knew it was going to go. I took it with me to the movies and got about 12 rows done, when it finally broke. The set was only about a year old, if that, so who knows what happened. Saturday I was up in Ridgewood so I stopped into Majestic Yarns and picked up and Addi Turbo, I can’t stand knitting bulky yarn on my denises’ and I’m a circular junkie.

I’m hoping the weather is nice this Saturday, we are suppose to be in the city for some pleasure rather then crazy wedding to-do’s. I’m going to convince the fiancĂ© to come to Purl with me. I need a small yarn fix.

I’ve decided that my blog needs an overhaul. Let’s see when I get around to doing that.

No comments: